Battery storage can introduce additional versatility to a Solar PV system, but is not always an essential component. The financial and operational case for having a battery will be quite bespoke to you and your energy consumption profile, so it is worth reviewing carefully rather than just accepting a “packaged” PV and battery system. Such recommendations are often made by sales people with targets to meet rather than a considered evaluation of what might be best for your circumstances.
H2-eco currently offer two premium battery solutions: The Solar Edge Energy Bank and the Tesla Powerwall
The Solar Edge Energy Bank provides 9.7kWhours of DC-coupled battery storage for an installed cost of around £8000 plus VAT.
The Tesla Powerwall provides 13.5kWhours of AC-coupled battery storage with full-house back-up in the event of a grid outage for an installed cost of around £9,000 plus VAT.
Batteries are currently zero-rated for VAT if installed at the same time as a new PV system. If purchased and installed separately then the standard 20% VAT rate will apply.
FOR A LIMITED TIME TESLA ARE OFFERING A £350 REBATE ON EVERY NEW POWERWALL Contact us to find out more
Why Install a Powerwall?
H2-eco are Tesla Certified Installers & Powerwall experts. We offer a premium installation, support, and advice service to help you make the best decisions for your home or business energy needs. Combining solar with a Powerwall will enable you to reduce your monthly electricity bills and become less dependent on the national grid for energy. Powerwall can work through power cuts and provide your home with energy security.
- Energy Security: The Tesla Powerwall will provide power in a power cut.
- Maximise Your Solar: Did you know you may lose as much as 65% of your solar energy if you do not store it within a battery.
- Seamless Power: With or without solar.
- Time Based Control: If you are on a variable energy tariff, set Powerwall in Time Based Control, to maximise energy saving. Powerwall learns patterns in your energy usage and generation – using stored energy to avoid high cost grid energy.
Technical Specifications for Tesla PowerWall
- Usable Capacity: 13.5kWh
- Continuous Power To Your Home: 3.68kW
- (With Approval) Continuous Power To Your Home: 5kW, Peak 7kW
- Weight: 125kG
- Warranty: 10 years
- Dimensions: 1150mm x 755mm x 155mm
- Mounting: Wall or Floor Mounted, Inside or Outside.
See it in action
This video describes the experience of Robert, an early adopter of sustainable energy, who installed solar panels on his roof seven years ago.
He has recently added a Tesla Powerwall to further his solar energy use throughout the night.
Now the vast majority of electricity that his family uses at home comes from the sun.Download TESLA Powerwall brochure